Friday, November 9, 2018

Arriving in Port Chalmers
We arrived in the early morning in Port Chalmers, New Zealand.  It would be the first time we actually set foot on New Zealand.  It promised to be a busy day of exploring on our own!

As the sun rose, we passed the lighthouse at the entrance to the bay.  I found it to be an incredibly picturesque – it reminded me of the lighthouses we saw in the northeast, in Maine and Nova Scotia.

The church in town, Iona Church, was very charming, especially in the view from our balcony!  One of the things that I found interesting is that this church’s tower was also a clock tower!

I love the hotels alongside the tunnel that the train comes thru.  They look rather old, but charming in their own way!  And, from where does the train originate?  Tune into my next blog post to find out!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment