Saturday, December 1, 2018

Wellington Botanic Gardens
I thought I’d wrap up my posts from Wellington with one of the beautiful blooms at the Botanic Gardens there.  It was a bit difficult for me to get my head wrapped around having to head north for warmer weather, but that’s what we did in the Southern Hemisphere!

Before we got to the flowers, Jeff noticed this lovely little waterfall hidden away along the walkway to the formal gardens.  Such a peaceful place, listening to the water gently flowing down the rocks.

The outdoor gardens were full of blooming roses and small fields of poppies, complete with bumble bees!  This is just a small sample of all the roses that were in beautiful bloom!  It was amazing how many more of them were blooming than we saw in Christchurch just a couple of days before!

We then headed into the greenhouse there to see some of the most vibrantly colored flowers we could recall seeing!  Even the most delicate flowers seemed to be vibrant in color, in a soft sort of way!

Altho I didn’t remember the names of most of the flowers, for some reason the name of the waterlily, Director George, stuck in my mind!  What a beautiful waterlily – and his supporting cast!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment