Saturday, May 4, 2019

Sunrise at the Beach

One of the last mornings on the beach, I managed to get myself up early enough to go for an early morning walk with Jeff and Max.  It was a lovely calm morning, and I hoped to get some good sunrise, or at least early morning images.


As we approached the formal beach area, where we figured we get the best sunrise images.  But, we weren’t the first on the beach!!  A little shorebird beat us to the beach.  The pretty part of the sunrise hadn’t yet started, but he/she definitely had a front row seat!!


As the skies began to warm, pelicans flew in their own somewhat haphazard pattern across the sky, creating a lovely profile of nature.  It was nice to be up and about when what is typically a very lively beach was very quiet.


And, as I turned to view the beach back down toward where we were camped, I got this lovely view of a deserted beach.  The seaweed residue, however, was creating quite the uncomfortable sensation for my lower legs.  Lots and lots of little sandflies or something kept choosing me as their breakfast entrĂ©e – ouch!!


Max, of course, was patiently watching me and seemed to wonder why I just didn’t move to get away from the sandflies!!  He was unusually patient.  Perhaps he was confused by what I was doing.  I just need to take him on some of my photo outings, I guess!


The beach seems to roll on into the grove (??) of palm trees.  In actuality, there is a small channel between where the beach ends and the palm trees begin.  We’re just looking at a very nice optical illusion!  And, the sunrise colors are showing off their pale color this morning, too.


As the sun rose behind the clouds, I felt like the morning was a “soft” one – no blazes of colors, just an easing into the day.  Such a relaxing way to begin the morning.


But some were up and out earlier than us.  This fishing boat is making the most of a calm morning to see what sort of catch they can reel in.  I do love the play of the soft colors on both the clouds and the water.  The reflection of the sunrise is so incredibly peaceful.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment