Monday, November 18, 2019


Patagonia Lake State Park

Our last stop on our fall RV trip, before the “push” home, was Patagonia Lake State Park.  We had never been there, and we chose it because it was close to Nogales, AZ, and there was supposed to be some “ghost town” type remnants in the nearby area.  However close Patagonia Lake State Park may be to Nogales, in another way, it was as far away from that desert like, dry and dusty town as one could get!


One morning, we took Max for a walk around the park closest to the campground.  I was taken aback by the loveliness of this small glade.  The stream at my feet actually ran into a small pond and I thought it would be a great place to just sit and reflect, although Max wouldn’t allow that!


Walking on, we came to several lovely views of the lake, and this was one of them.  You can see the boat in the water, and people enjoy this lake for fishing as well as some water sports, like water skiing.  Obviously, we’re not at the largest part of the lake here, so we didn’t run into any water skiers!


When I looked down at the still water along the shore, I felt like the reflections of the grasses along the shore looked almost like a watercolor painting.  There were several spots along the way that seemed perfect for a quiet chat, writing in one’s journal, or simply enjoying nature.


The warm morning sun really highlighted this cattail, and I had to capture it in this image.  It warms me to the tips of my toes just looking at it!


I’ll end this blog post with a lovely bloom.  I don’t know that I’ve ever seen an apricot cactus barrel bloom, but I have now!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment