Sunday, December 20, 2020

Petroglyph Trail on Lyman Lake

 

Petroglyph Trail on Lyman Lake

One of the nice things about Lyman Lake is that there are several different things to do without ever leaving the park.  One trail that we walked a couple of times (in different directions) was the Petroglyph Trail.  Besides the petroglyphs, which will be covered in another blog post, there was some lovely scenery to be seen.

The trail begins at a level with the lake and early in the morning, it’s quite a lovely scene, with the lake just about mirror calm.

Walking along, and looking up toward the hills, there’s always something different to be seen.  The small tree on top of the nearby bluff, reminded me of the solitude I felt walking down below it on the trail.

Looking closer at hand, the patterns created by moss growing on the rocks was remarkable.  I always thought that moss grew in wet, moist places, but these rocks weren’t close to the lake and I don’t think that the park got all that much rain.  Still, nature will have its way!

And, finally on another morning, we walked the trail going in the opposite direction, and I saw this lovely tree, in all its fall glory.  I don’t think I would have noticed it walking in the same direction as I began the trail the previous day.  Sometimes, it’s worth pursuing something from a different perspective!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment