Thursday, November 10, 2016


Trinity Road
There’s this wonderful narrow, winding road that connects Sonoma Valley and Napa Valley.  As we travel from one end to the other, this road has, I believe, 3 different names.  I know it by the name it bears on the Sonoma Valley end – Trinity Road.  To me, it’s the quintessential wine country road.
Autumn around the Bend
I especially love driving this road in the fall, which is really the only time I’ve ever visited Napa & Sonoma.  There is such a peaceful feeling driving down this little road.  It takes me to a place I think I’ve only ever been in my mind, but how I imagine the roads thru the wine country of Italy and France must either be or have been at one time.
Follow
The road has a warning sign at the far end of either side, telling large trucks and RV’s that this road is truly not meant for them. The twists and turns are such that would probably be difficult for them to navigate.  But, it’s perfect for our little Jeep.
Napa Valley
And, at the Napa end of the road, we are presented with a wonderful view of the Napa Valley, as we descend from the upper reaches of the hills that lie between the two valleys.  Traveling this road is as much a part of a visit to this area as sipping the wine.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment