Thursday, May 25, 2017

Flowers at Wildseed Farm
While in Fredericksburg, one of the “must do’s” for me was a stop at Wildseed Farms.  This farm is devoted to flowers – wildflowers primarily, but others as well.  I’m not going to say a lot about each of these images.  They sort of speak for themselves.  Come for a walk thru this wonderful place……
Peach Waterlily
One of the first stops on our walk was a man-made pond that held some lovely waterlilies.   This peach colored waterlily just seemed to pose for its portrait.
Invisible Float
There are a number of these images that I played around with to create some (I think) lovely art sketches.  This is one of them.  I’ll give you the link to them at the end of this blog.  This waterlily seemed to be floating on…nothing!  The water was very clear, so that it was extremely difficult to see.
Beautiful Monarch
We next walk thru a butterfly garden, where I was lucky enough to capture this image of a Monarch butterfly as it landed on a flower.
Poppy Peeking
As I was leaving the butterfly garden, this poppy just seemed to peek out at me from behind a wooden post.
Hibiscus Pair
The next flower I saw on my walk was the hibiscus.  This pair were just a sample of the lovely blooms in this section of the walkway thru the gardens.
Tiny Bloom
I’m sorry to say I don’t know what this flower is – I just know its star-shaped blooms were just charming!
Zinnias
And, here’s part of the wonder of Wildseed Farms – the open fields of blooms.  Other farms can boast corn, soy or some other product – but, here, its flowers!  The seeds from these flowers will be harvested and sold to populate gardens throughout the country!
Pink Purple and White Larkspur
I loved these flowers shot close up and just all bunched together – just how they are growing!
Country Walkway
The garden meanders up and down the fields on the farm, and here you can see one walkway from the other.  This way, you can’t help but get a great shot of the blooms!
Garden Snails
Ok, this isn’t technically a flower, but it does call the garden here home!
Luscious Red
Yes, the leaves on this flower look shiny and almost wet – that’s how luscious the red color is.  Again, sorry – I don’t know the name of this bloom.
Winery Rose
After we visited Wildseed Farms, we stopped for lunch (and a glass of wine) at a winery not far from the wildflowers.  Wildflowers aren’t generally found at wineries, but roses are. This one was just off the patio where we sat and sipped our wine.  This, too, has been converted to a pencil sketch.  To see all of them, visit my photo art blog at .photoimagerybynadine.blogspot.com  and click on the blog post called “Pencil Sketches of Wildflowers and Roses”.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment