Friday, May 26, 2017

In the Country
Springtime in Texas…..warm sun and great scenery….
Wildflowers in the Field
Throughout the countryside, there were these lovely white wildflowers that popped up in the meadows and fields.  These are the flowers that the bees found so appealing!
Country Fence
This fence is the stereotypical country fence and I loved the setting among the trees and grasses.  It just meandered in and out of the trees along the road for several miles.
Old Fashioned Cabin
As we drove along, we happened to come across this old cabin.  I’m certain is was part of some sort of historical park in the making, but for now, it just seemed to sit out there.  After I took the photo, I realized that to truly do it justice, I needed to apply a vintage look to it, in a way, to make it look as real as it did as we drove past it.
Old Rocking Chair
There was an old rocking chair sitting on the side of the porch – again, the scene it created just seemed like a page out of history, and I applied the same vintage technique to this image as well.  It’s as if we’ve stepped into the late 1800’s.
Country Church
A bit further down the road, a small country church appeared.  I sort of wish I was a writer – between the cabin and this church, I had such fodder for a historical novel!  But, alas, a writer I’m not!
Elk Grazing
One thing I did not expect to see was an elk grazing in a field!  In fact, we drove by him and had to turn around so that I could capture him in an image.  This guy must be used to cars driving by him – he had no reaction at all to us slowing down to take his photo.  I also love the wildflowers blooming in the foreground.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment