Saturday, February 1, 2020

Flowers of Jamaica

Of course, in Jamaica, one can’t help but notice all the beautiful blooms.  Early on in our visit here, we strolled around the resort and I was able to capture these images.  These aren’t all the flowers, but they are my favorites of the ones I captured.


I researched the name of these flowers (above and below) and I believe they are called Jamaican Love Flowers.  I don’t feel at all certain about this, though, so don’t consider me the final word!!  They were very much in evidence here, in both pink and white blooms.  I don’t recall noticing if they appeared in any other colors.  I don’t generally get drawn to all white flowers, but these are the exception to the rule, and photographed beautifully in the shade.




This is such a pretty little bloom.  Its name is Lignum Vitae and is the national flower of Jamaica.  One would sort of assume that one of the very brightly colored blooms would be the national flower since everything about Jamaica seems brightly colored, but no.  This gentle little pastel looking bloom is the national flower.  Good choice, Jamaica.


And, of course, there are hibiscus flowers everywhere it seems!  This is another (rare) good image I have of a white flower.  Again, it was taken in the shade, so there’s no glare from the sun.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment