Thursday, October 1, 2020

 


Middle Fork of Red River

One of the days that we visited Red River, New Mexico, we decided to explore a road that we hadn’t ever driven down, which meandered along the middle fork of the Red River.

As you can see, the middle fork doesn’t look much like a river – more like a stream or creek! And, It is very, very shallow.  It may be a bit hard to see, since the water is so clear, but I think perhaps my ankles may have become wet if I had waded into it!

Here are a couple of other views from along the road.  The river is certainly shallow, and yet it provides enough water to keep everything nice and green!  It looks positively lush!

When we look at the river from a fair distance, the flowing of the river looks pretty static.  However, when I looked at the rocks at the bottom of the river, you can get an idea of how quickly the water actually flows!

One of the nicest accents on the river bend are the flowers!  These remind me of Queen Anne’s Lace, but I don’t think that’s what they are.

And, finally, we wandered around and sort of jumped over this little stream.  I’m not certain if this is another fork of the Red River, but it’s certainly picturesque!!

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment