Saturday, May 8, 2021

 

March 4th Sunrise

One morning, we got up really early in order to be on the beach for the sunrise.  What a treat that turned out to be!!  I just couldn’t find the right words to express how magical the morning was, so I decided to select some wonderful quotes relating to sunrises to add to my thoughts!!

“I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.”  J. B. Priestley 

I am a morning person, and this quote fits me to a tee!  And a sunrise is a gift to morning people every day.  Just fyi, the small lights on the horizon are the oil rigs off the Galveston coast.  They rather look like very low on the horizon stars.

“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”  Marcus Aurelius

This is the way I felt as I just stood on the beach, watching the birds soar above the deep blue sea.  It was truly a wonderfully peaceful time.

“For most people, we often marvel at the beauty of a sunrise or the magnificence of a full moon, but it is impossible to fathom the magnitude of the universe that surrounds us.”  Richard Baker

As hard it is to take my eyes off the sunrise, I did turn around, just to see what else there might be to see and saw the moon and a seagull soaring high enough to create the illusion it was close to the moon!!  From this perspective, it almost looks like a sunset.  Unfortunately, there was no sunset to see from where we were on this trip.

“Sunrise offered a very beautiful spectacle; the water was quite unruffled, but the motion communicated by the tides was so great that, although there was not a breath of air stirring, the sea heaved slowly with a grand and majestic motion.”  George Grey

This quote perfectly describes the morning of this sunrise.  There didn’t appear to be any significant tides off the coast, and yet the gentle waves kept kissing the shore.  I especially loved the sun’s reflection off the waves and the wet sand.

 

“There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope.”  Bernard Williams

Perhaps this is why I love the sunrise and mornings in general.  Almost every morning, I wake up feeling hopeful and excited about the start of the day.

“One of the things I associate with God is a sunrise. How many sunrises have you missed over the years, and God created that?”  Donald Miller

The small dot on the horizon is not an oil rig it is, in fact, daybreak!  The day has begun, and another gift known as today is waiting to be opened and discovered.

Enjoy!!

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment