Friday, March 3, 2017

Flowers and Green Scenes Old Ore Road
I’m always amazed when I find flowers and colorful scenes in the desert, altho by now, you would think I would know better!  Our travels down Old Ore Road in Big Bend National Park didn’t disappoint in that regard!
Yellow Bloom
I wish I knew flowers better, but because I don’t, I’m just calling this yellow bloom.  There were a bunch of these growing under a rock overhang, in the shade.  There was some indirect light, as you can see from this image.  I really love the delicate looking bloom, which has to be fairly hardy to thrive in the desert!
Blues and Greens along Old Ore Road
One of the things that kept amazing me on this journey was the tricks my mind was playing on me when it came to what looked like blue and green shrubs growing along the landscape.  The greens were real enough, but the dusty blue color were really dead, gray shrub branches when we got close!  I couldn’t resist capturing this image so you could see what I meant.
Pretty Purple Blooms
There were also some lovely tiny little purple blooms to be found along Old Ore Road.  These were growing among what looked to be lush green vegetation in this desert climate!
Prickly Pear Colors
There were quite a few prickly pear cacti to be found out in the landscape.  What was a bit different were the color changes that the cacti seemed to be going through.  We saw colors from green to purple, with everything in between!
Prickly Pear Thorns
The other thing that I definitely watched out for were the thorns on the prickly pears.  Take a look at these images!  It almost hurts just looking at them!
Yucca Blooms
Yuccas were beginning to bloom!  Here are 3 different blooms some with cream color blooms, some that have a pink/red bloom at the top, and the third image (in the middle) is one of a double bloom on one plant!  I have never seen that before!
Old Ore Road Scenery
And, finally, I’ll leave you with an overall view of the scenery on Old Ore Road.  It looks like the road disappears, but it just keeps winding on!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment