Monday, March 6, 2017

Glenn Spring Road
On the way back from the Mariscal Mine area, we took another off-road called Glenn Spring Road   Altho we never saw Glenn Spring, we did see some lovely sights!
Rock Layers
One of the sights I thought was pretty interesting was this view of what seem to be rock layers built up over time along the side of the road.  It wasn’t really close to the mine area, so I know it wasn’t from any sort of mine deposits, so I guess it’s just some sort of natural formation found in this area.  However, this was the only place that I saw this on our Big Bend travels.  A natural mystery!
Along Glenn Spring Road
I found the colors along this road to be really refreshing.  I guess the reason I felt this way was because the green of the shrubs and plants at times looked so vibrant, it just seemed to give me energy!
Grasses and Mountains
Here’s another example of that.  The greens in the foreground were very vibrant, especially when contrasted with the darker colors of the mountains in the background.  Those may have been part of the Chisos Mountains in the background.  Another thing that was fascinating to me was the colors of the mountains.  There seemed to be very subtle color variations in the rocks forming the mountains.  Maybe that was the effect created by the morning sun.
Mountains and Bedrock
One of the other interesting contrasts on this road was the one between the mountains in the background and the bedrock that we saw at points in the foreground.  I was especially intrigued by the blue and purple colors found in the bedrock – again, seemingly in layers.  If I were a geologist, I could explain the reason to you, but, unfortunately, I’m not!  So, I can only point out the artistic beauty in them!
Where to next?
I began this series of blog posts with one of the shadow of our Jeep – so it seems only normal to end with an image of our Jeep as we stopped to explore this area.  And, where to next on our explorations of Big Bend National Park?  Stay tuned!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment