Friday, March 3, 2017

Sights along Old Ore Road
What is a drive on an old dirt road if not scenic in some way?  Jeff & I saw a number of scenes of life as it used to be along this road.  Come see……
Juan de Leon Grave
Juan de Leon was buried here in 1933.  He was murdered allegedly by a man named Joe Loftin, who lived in this area.  Joe was never convicted of the murder so I guess this is an unsolved mystery of the area.
Juan’s View
Not that he can enjoy it, but Juan’s grave certainly has a great view.
Ore Road Corral
Along the road, every so often, we saw the remains of a past life.  This corral was one of those.  One of the things that I found so interesting was the size of it how small it was.  From all the old westerns that I saw, both in the movies and on TV, it always seemed the corrals were fairly large and decent sized.  But, this corral was probably about the size of my bedroom when I was a kid.
Stone Wall of House on Old Ore Road
And, this is the remains of the house that accompanied the corral.  I guess, relatively speaking, both the house and corral were sized appropriately for each other.  I really loved the warm color of the stones that made up the walls of the house……and I was amazed at how square the corner of the house was!  There wasn’t much left of it, but it seems like all four corners of the house would have been remarkably square.  Perfection of the Past!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment