Sunday, March 12, 2017

Nature Trail in Big Bend
Not far from where we were camping, there was a nature trail.  One morning, I decided to explore it.  Altho I was a bit disappointed that the promised pond was not really able to be seen, due to the overgrown tall, tall grasses growing along its banks, there were some other nice sights to be seen…….
Rio Grande Reflection
For as close as we were to the Rio Grande River at Big Bend, I didn’t actually see the river all that often!  This was one of the few times that I did get to see it, and it’s pretty calm and peaceful (and shallow) at this point.  I loved the nice reflection that I could see in its waters.  Oh, and the other side of the river is Mexico.  No, I didn’t wade across just to be able to say I crossed over into Mexico illegally!  With my luck, I’d be caught, and have more of an adventure than I had bargained for!
Loch Ness Shadow
I thought this piece of driftwood along the banks of the Rio Grande looked rather familiar when I shot it.  Then, when I processed it, I turned the image on its side, and it became apparent the shadow looked a bit like those grainy images I’ve seen of the Loch Ness Monster!  Have I inadvertently solved the long-time mystery?  It’s a floating piece of wood?  LOL!
Morning Grass
As I walked back from the river, I loved the way the sun glowed off the tall grasses that grew in the area.  This shot of the grasses with the mountains in the background is one of my favorite from this walk.
Mexican Contraband
Now, just because I didn’t cross the Rio Grande into Mexico doesn’t mean some folks don’t cross from Mexico to the US!  As I understand it, some folks do each day in order to sell their mini pieces of art.  These were just sitting on a rock along the path, with a jar alongside for people to put money in to pay for them.  I especially thought the little road runners were adorable, but I didn’t have any money with me, and am too honest to just take them.  Sigh……
Abstract Pond Reflection
Altho the grasses kept me from seeing the pond, they did provide some cool reflections in the bit of the pond I could see!  I really loved the soft liquidity of this image.
Golden Grasses
What captured my eye here was how the tops of the grasses just seemed to shimmer in the sunlight.  The height of the grasses made this walk seem all the more solitary, as I really couldn’t tell if there were other folks on the trail until we were immediately upon each other.
Alert Roadrunner
At the end of my walk, I was rewarded with a roadrunner that allowed me to capture an image of him.  They are really such cute birds, and truly do live up to the runner part of their name!  I was pretty lucky to catch this one as he stopped to catch his breath, and check out his surroundings!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment