Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Costa Rican Blooms
At both of our stops on Costa Rica, we saw some beautiful blooms and plants.  Come and take a brief view of some of them…..
Poas Volcano Blooms
Maybe it’s the rich soil that I can’t help but think is around volcanos, but the blooms sure are pretty along the walk to the volcano….
Leaf Texture – Poas Volcano
I was also struck by the incredible texture on some of the green plants along the way – with the reddish veins adding a touch of Christmas color…
Delicate Bloom
This bloom reminded me of Queen Anne’s Lace, but it wasn’t that flower.  I’m not certain what it was – a variation perhaps…
In the Woods
As we walked back from the volcano to the tour bus, I noticed this very peaceful woodland scene, with the roughness of a cut tree branch offset by the tiny shaded bloom…
Intimate Woodland Portrait
I love this image of a woodland bloom, getting ready to burst open.  The dappled sunlight peeking thru the trees seemed to shine a spotlight on it…
Brilliant Red Coffee Plantation Bloom
I previously mentioned that the coffee plantation had a butterfly garden on its grounds.  Well, you can’t have butterflies without some lovely blooms to attract them…
Full Hydrangea Bloom
This hydrangea bloom was just picture perfect, and I decided was best shown off with a watercolor painting effect…
Hydrangea Garden
Again, what a lovely portrait of the portion of the garden that seemed to be devoted to hydrangeas…
Interesting Blooms at the Coffee Plantation
I felt very lucky to get to see this bloom (and I apologize, but I have no idea what it is) in a couple of its lifecycle stages.  In the upper left image, it’s almost ready to burst forth into bloom.  A promise of the colors to come!  In the middle (lower) image, you can see a close up of one of the blossoms on the plant.  It sort of looks like some sort of sea creature, I think, complete with what looks to be an eye!  The 3rd image (upper right) shows you the complete bloom, with lots and lots of the the sea creature like blossoms in full display!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment