Saturday, April 8, 2017

Swimming with the Fishes
Of course, the thrill of snorkeling comes when you get to see so many brilliantly colored fish, just swimming all around you, totally ignoring you!  These fish must be so used to people coming to visit, as they weren’t phased at all by us.
Yellow Striped Fish
This image doesn’t show off their colors as well as others coming up, but it does give you an idea of how many fish there were swimming around us just about all the time!
True Blue
Can you believe how incredibly blue this guy was?  The thing to keep in mind with all of these images is that I have not enhanced the colors at all, and this is how brightly colored they are when looking at them thru the water, which does filter the color, no matter how clear it is.
Interesting Colors
The colors of the fish weren’t the only incredible colors below the waves.  The colors of the coral reefs and the plant life was also very vivid.  I almost didn’t know where to look, there was so much wonderful color around me!
Approaching a Hidey-Hole
This little yellow guy was just swimming lazily along close to the bottom of the sea floor when he seemed to decide that this little hidey-hole in the coral was calling out to him.  As a bit of info, altho the water was certainly over our heads, it really wasn’t very deep here, and when we swam over the reefs, it was probably only about 4 feet deep.  Of course, no standing on the reefs – that would damage them and the fish habitat.
Coral
I have to admit, I’m not really sure how I got this image!  When I snorkel, I’m obviously not wearing my glasses, and so I’m not always entirely certain what I’m taking a photo of!  It also doesn’t help that I’m not using my regular camera (which is not an underwater camera), so I’m not as comfortable shooting as I generally am!
Giving Me the Eye
The color of this fish was almost unbelievable!  As if the bright green and yellow stripes weren’t almost glow in the dark bright, he had these incredibly bright, bright blue eyes!
So Blue
I thought I’d end this post with another view of that brilliantly colored blue fish (different angle).  I was constantly amazed by the amazing colors both above and below the waves here in the Bahamas!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment