Monday, April 10, 2017

The Old Walled City
After our visit to the market, Las Bovedas, we walked just a short distance to what is called “the old walled city”.   This was such a picturesque stroll thru the ancient part of this city, during the warm weather there. 
Cartagena Street Sign
One of the charming things throughout this part of the city were the street signs, of which this is one.  They looked to be painted tiles that were then framed and mounted into the finish of the building on the corner of the streets.
Balcony in Old Walled City
This is an example of the balconies that line the streets in this area of the city.  I couldn’t help but think of how lovely it would be to just sit on this balcony and enjoy an early morning cup of cocoa, coffee or tea.
Old Walled City Balconies
I simply couldn’t get enough of these balconies, and to see a street lined with them was a special treat!    I believe the blooms were bougainvillea.
Living Statues
As we walked along, we came across these statues.  As it turns out, they were people pretending to be statues, but I didn’t realize that until I walked next to them and one of them moved!  I practically jumped out of my skin!  I had to laugh at myself!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment