Saturday, April 22, 2017

Remaining Scenery
The last few days of our cruise were rather quiet.  There were a couple more ports of call, but unfortunately, we came down with what I call the “shipboard crud” and we really didn’t feel like venturing off the ship.  However, that didn’t mean we didn’t enjoy some lovely scenery!
Morning Mountain
As we sailed along the Mexican coast, we did see a mountain highlighted by the early morning sunrise.  I love the way it seems to be sort of rising out of the mist.
Going Out for the Day
As we were pulling into port at Cabo San Lucas, I noticed this fishing boat heading out for a day of deep sea fishing (I think!) in the early morning light.  I just love the feel of this image – very serene.
Cabo San Lucas Arch
One of the more famous views of Cabo San Lucas is this arch.  Interestingly, if we had gone ashore, I wouldn’t have been able to capture this image of it.  This was our view from our cabin balcony.
Cabo Cave – Perspective
As we were leaving Cabo San Lucas (it was a short day there), and we sailed just past the arch, I noticed this cave.  I purposefully am including an image with a boat in it, so that you can get a sense of how large this cave is!  I’m not certain if people can actually reach the cave.  The water looks calm here, but just a few minutes before (and after) this was shot the waves were crashing into the mouth of the cave!
Almost Home
We certainly did have some wonderful sunrises on this cruise.  Our balcony was positioned so that we got to get full enjoyment of the sunrises – and we did!  This sunrise greeted us for our last day at sea. 
Early Morning San Diego
The day ended up being sunshine-y in San Diego, but first, the sun needed to burn off the morning fog and mist.  As we pulled into San Diego port, I thought this was a lovely view of the city!  In all, even with the shipboard crud, we did have a wonderful, fun time on our Panama Canal cruise!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment