Thursday, February 1, 2018

Haleakala at Mid-day
We had some time before we could check into our cottage, so we decided to drive up Haleakala and find out information about the upcoming super/blue/blood moon that happens to be occurring while we are here.
Although we started out in tropical sunshine, as we drove up the mountain, we drove thru a cloud bank that made me feel like we might have somehow stumbled into the Pacific Northwest!  I loved the way the wisps of clouds played among the trees.
Trees in the Mist
Then, we came thru the clouds into the sunshine again, at the Haleakala Crater.  It was somewhat filled with clouds rolling in and out.  I also couldn’t help but take a photo of Jeff & me taking photos of the crater, and having our shadows reflected in the landscape!
Clouds in the Crater
Ace Photographers
It was kind of amazing, and I had a thought that others who might be flying in today would take an image from the plane, much as I did earlier in the day!  This is from the opposite perspective, in a way.  I am so looking forward to sunrise the day after tomorrow, as I write this!
Looking Out from Haleakala
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment