Sunday, February 4, 2018

Super Blue Blood Moon

What luck!  We just happened to be in Maui at the time of the first super blue blood moon in our lifetime, at least in North America.  And, thru brilliant planning, I got us a parking permit to be at the top of the Haleakala volcano crater on that day.  Well, ok, it was just pure dumb luck!
We did have out doubts about being able to capture the moon on my camera, tho, not because it was so bloody cold – altho it was!  No, it was due to the incredible wind up there!! Altho I braced myself as best I could and held my breath when I clicked on the shutter, the wind buffeted me so badly, it was impossible to get a good clear shot. In many of my shots, it looked like the moon was doing a little dance.
Dancing Moon

 That being said, one thing that the wind helped me to create was this neat moon abstract!  I didn’t think it was quite this windy, but the image seems to tell a different tale.
Moon Abstract

Then, finally, Jeff hit on the best way to get a decent shot of the moon.  He reclined his seat in the Jeep all the way back and could see the moon out the back window.  Then, when the scattered cloud cover cleared up for a moment, he lowered the window, took my camera from me, and took a shot.  Yes, the image below was shot by my ace photographer’s assistant, Jeff!
Worth Getting up For

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment