Sunday, June 25, 2017

In Miki’s Words…..
Hi, I’m Miki.  Jeff & Nadine are my people pack and also my Dad & Mom.  I told Mom that I wanted to have a try at writing a blog post (even tho I’m not quite sure what it is) to tell my story about our Abiquiu camping trip.  She told me to have at it, and so I am!
Swimming at Abiquiu Lake
To me, one of the most important features of a campground is whether it’s close to a lake.  I can’t speak for other German Shepherds, but I truly do love the water.  Mom calls me a “water dog”, and I guess I truly am!  Dad always manages to find just the perfect stick to throw into the water, so I can rescue it and bring it back to him!
In the Shade
Sometimes I don’t know about Mom & Dad. They seem to like to explore in the sun a lot, especially Mom taking all her photographs.  But, I’m always wearing a heavy fur coat, so I have to be a bit smarter than they are – I always look for the shade!
Going for a Walk
Here’s where I took Dad for a walk in the shade by the river.  Mom stayed in the sun (sometimes, I just don’t understand her) to shoot pictures of something or other.  I thought I’d check out the water here, but the current was just too fast and strong to jump in.
Favorite Spot
And, here I am again in my favorite spot in the campground.  Frankly, I think water, electric and other stuff that are important to Dad & Mom are highly over-rated.  I love them, but they are humans and much higher maintenance that we pups!
Woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment