Saturday, June 3, 2017

Views Along a Country Road
We did see some other cool sights other than the schoolhouses while traveling throughout the countryside.  Let’s take a look at some of these….
Llama Grazing
We saw a number of llamas as we meandered along these roads, but this one was one that seemed to stop and pose for us – in between mouthfuls of grass!  The day was warm, and he was enjoying this meal in the shade of nearby trees.
Oak Tree
Another thing that was in ample supply were the oak trees scattered throughout the area.  This view is one of my favorites.  It actually was on the grounds of Cherry Creek School.  It gives you an idea of how long those oak tree branches are!!
Chewing and Watching
We stopped at field where I tried to get a cool photo of some dead oak trees.  Unfortunately, the tree images didn’t come out – darn!  Now, while I was walking in that field, I noticed little “nuggets” all over the area, and I wondered what animal frequented this area.  Then, I turned around and saw this guy watching me……and chewing his food!  I especially love this image of him, because you can see how calm he is and how he hasn’t lost sight of the priority of chewing his food!
Watching
While the guy above was watching me, a couple of others were watching Jeff in the Jeep.  All I can say is that it’s a good thing sheep are not confrontational or aggressive!  We were clearly outnumbered!
Watching Me
As I got closer to the Jeep, the Jeff-watchers turned their attention to me.  In the end, they all ended up just turning and walking away across the road.  I guess it was clear that I wasn’t going to eat any of their grass, and that I was leaving the premises anyway!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment