Sunday, June 18, 2017

Views around Ghost Ranch
An interesting this about Ghost Ranch is that is has often been used for filming movies.  The most recent movie that was filmed there, in part, was the remake of The Magnificent Seven, starring Denzel Washington.  Unfortunately, the movie didn’t match the scenery in terms of being wonderful – sigh….
Ghost Ranch Movie Set
This cabin has been in several movies.  We were told it was in The Magnificent Seven, altho neither Jeff nor I could remember it.  It also was in City Slickers, and Jeff seemed to recall seeing it in that movie!
Cabin & Pedernal
I couldn’t resist this shot for a couple of reasons.  First, the view of the Pedernal in the background.  And, second – the clouds!  It sort of looks like smoke coming out of the cabin’s chimney, but it’s not!
Cabin Side View
I really liked this angle shot of part of the front of the cabin.  I was standing on the porch of it – I really like seeing the reflection of the corral in the window!
Open View at Ghost Ranch
When I turned around from the cabin, I just had to stand for a minute and take in this view.  So beautiful.  Georgia O’Keeffe’s summer ranch house is only a few miles from where I was standing – no wonder she was so creatively motivated!  This type of scenery had to help!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment