Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Rio Chama Blooms
On a recent camping trip to the Abiquiu, New Mexico, area, Jeff & I took one of our favorite back roads that meandered along the Rio Chama (Chama River) for a bit.  Along the way, there were some lovely blooms, and I can never pass up the opportunity to photograph flowers!
Along the Rio Chama
I am always amazed when I see such small and delicate flowers blooming happily when they get no care and cultivation.  To be honest, tho, these blooms were along the river, so I’m assuming that they get plenty of water thru the ground, absorbing water from the river.  Plus, they are getting just a bit of shade from the larger rock they are growing alongside.
Daisies by a Log
Variations of daisies are also a very delicate, yet hardy wildflower.  And, they always seem to just ooze happiness, don’t they?  Whenever I see daisies, I can’t help but smile.  These seem to be happy just sharing the earth with a nearby fallen branch.
Prickly Pear Bloom
Flowers are the reward for looking down when we walk!  And, not stepping on a cactus is a close second in the reward category, too!  I just love the pretty blooms that we get to see a very prickly cactus produce each year!  The contrast between the two never ceases to amaze!
In the Tree
As we drove along, a bit father from the river shore, we came across a couple of roadside trees that showed off these beautiful blooms.  They had a lovely soft aroma to them, almost citrus like.  I saw a similar flower on a wildflower walk in the Sandia Mountains, and those were called Mock Orange flowers.  I’m wondering if these are a variation to those, since the look is similar and they carry the same lovely smell.
Lacy Weed
Another reward I got came about when I decided to sit on a rock and just observe what was around me, when Miki & Jeff wandered to the shoreline…..well, Miki wandered and Jeff followed to be exact!  In any event, as I looked around, I noticed the lacy effect that this weed had and managed to photograph it with a darker rock in the background so one can actually make out the detail of it.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment