Thursday, July 27, 2017

Back Road Flowers
I was very happy to see that the wildflower season was still in full bloom, so to speak!  We saw flowers almost everywhere we went!  I couldn’t resist sharing them with you –
Summer Daisies
Daisies are such a happy flower, aren’t they?  They always just remind me of smiles. And, sunshine, with the yellow centers, and the white petals, like the clouds in the sky.  Ok, so my imagination is running a bit wild with this one, but it does seem to fit, doesn’t it?
White Flowers
These may be the same type of flowers that Georgia O’Keeffe painted.  However, I don’t think she knew what they were any more than I do, since she called the paintings of the flowers, “White Flowers”, I believe!  Still, they are so lovely against the green, aren’t they?
Purple Asters
I’m not 100% certain, but I believe these are purple asters.  They may be known by another name formally, but I do think they are in the aster family.  When I googled purple asters, the images look rather like these!  In any event, I was really surprised to see these, since I don’t know that I’ve ever just come across them on my own, without knowing in advance they bloomed in an area.  A real find!
Scarlet Penstemon
The scarlet penstemon looks so much different from what they call the Rocky Mountain Penstemon, it’s hard to see the family tie, so to speak!  Still, this is a lovely flower, altho they tend to grow in sparse groupings or singly, so to get an impressive “bunch” of them in an image, is kind of impossible for me. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment