Thursday, July 20, 2017

Postcards from Thursday – July 20, 2017
Simple and Complex
Recently, Jeff & I were exploring the back roads around Red River, NM, in the northern part of the state, and came across a small lake.  It was definitely off the beaten path, altho popular with the local folks.  We walked along the shoreline until we could find a good place for Miki, our German Shepherd, to take a swim, one of her favorite activities.  As we followed the path around the lake, I took a few photos of the lake, and appreciated its apparent stillness.  I was reminded of the phrase, “still waters run deep” and it reminded me of this lake.  It also reminded me of life, how many of our lives look simple, as we run around doing all our daily chores.  But, under the surface, we all have complexities in our lives, trials and tribulations, moments of joy and sorrow, and ongoing struggles. 
Simple and Complex
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment