Friday, July 14, 2017

Postcards from Thursday – July 13, 2017
Epitome of Freedom
The other day when we were driving in northern New Mexico, there was a patch of wildflowers, thistle and yellow coneflowers, along the side of the road.  Jeff, as always, indulges my creative fancy, so he pulled over to the side of the road and let me go out among the flowers (and the sticklers!) to photograph these beauties to my heart’s content.  I saw a lovely butterfly fluttering madly on one of the thistles, and began snapping my shutter, hoping to catch him in an open wing moment.  I was lucky, and one of the images did capture him in a nice position.  I converted the image I captured to a colored pencil drawing to include in this week’s journal page.  I then thought about a quote I saw a while ago, by a person whose name I don’t recall, about how birds and butterflies are the epitome of freedom.  I added some birds to my travel art journal page and the heart of the quote.
Epitome of Freedom
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment