Saturday, July 22, 2017

Rio Grande Gorge Bridge
On the way back down the mountain, we stopped by the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge before heading to the town plaza.  I never really knew this was there!  I found this natural formation amazing, sort of like the Grand Canyon, on a much smaller scale, but grand in its own right.
Rio Grande Gorge Bridge
In order to get a good view of the bridge, we had to drive across the bridge and park at a rest area at the other end.  I thought this was a great view of the span of the bridge.
South View of the Rio Grande Gorge
I walked out toward the middle of the bridge to get this and the next image.  It was a bit unnerving.  When I looked down, it felt like I was walking on a tightrope.  I wanted to hang on to the railing, but kept myself from doing so.  It took a bit of an effort!
North View of the Rio Grande Gorge
I crossed the road to get this view toward the north.  I find it amazing how such a relatively narrow river could wear away so much rock and stone.  Over probably millions of years. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment